Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thursday Tea Time


This week - The Steeping Leaf Rooibos Caramel Cream

When I was in Colorado Springs last November, we stopped at Marika's Coffeehouse (I love to follow them on Facebook just so I can read about their made-from-scratch daily treat offerings.  Marika's even has a baking blog for the recipes.) and I found this tea there.  I think I paid ~$12 for the bag.  If you click on the link, scroll down to the Tisanes and you will find this blend.  Amongst other great offerings and combinations. You can contact them to order via email -- thesteepingleaf@gmail.com 

I also used my tea filter bags, which I got at Chantal's Warehouse sale for only 50 cents.  The box!  I find all kinds of cool stuff at this annual sale here in Houston.  (Seriously, if you live in the Houston area or can plan a visit during their sale weekends, you need to go!  Get on their mailing list for special offers)  Here's the link to the Finum website;  I'm thinking Teavana and maybe Whole Foods/Central Market type stores would carry these.  You can also use a tea infuser ball or spoon, too.  But you can stuff more tea in the bags,



Number of teabags:  I used one tablespoon in a tea filter bag.  I believe this is a 3 ounce package.
Caffeine:  No
Type of tea: Herbal Rooibos Artisanal Tisane
Steeping time:  5 minutes
Add ins:  A little bit of Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Fat Free, Sugar Free Vanilla Powder.  Also try with skim milk.  No additional sweetener needed.  
Teabag fragrance:  Creamy caramels!
Ingredients:  Rooibos with caramel nibs (you can see them in the package!) and natural flavoring
Opinion:  Holy cow!  This. Is. GOOD!!!  (Sherry, I know you are reading this, I will send you a tablespoon and a teabag so you can try it!)  Like drinking warm caramels.  Those ones with the cream center which make your mouth (and dentist!) happy.  This is even better and will make your soul and heart happy, too!
Rating:  5+ -- off the chart!  Woo!

No comments: