Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Kroger CARBmaster Yogurts

I know, "cultured lowfat dairy blend" ?!   Well, I am trying to watch my carbs and these flavors sounded appealing to me.  I liked the numbers, too - 4g carb, 8g protein.  Let's just see if they taste as appealing.

Here's the label breakdown --
Calories:  60
Fat calories:  10
Total fat:  1.5g
Saturated fat:  1g
Trans fat:  0
Cholesterol:  10mg
Sodium:  90mg
Potassium:  15mg
Total carb: 4g
Fiber:  0
Sugars:  3g
Protein: 8g
Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 20%, Iron 2%, Vitamin D 15%

Here's my ranking --

Favorite:   Spiced Pear.
Runner Up:   Carrot Cake.  I thought for sure the Carrot Cake would taste the most artificial and chemical-y, but no,  I liked it a lot.  It reminded me of carrot cake batter!

Most Surprised They Were Just Awful:  White Chocolate Raspberry and Blackberry.  Usually the berry flavors do well artificially.  Not these. Yuck and yuck.

Also Candidates For The Garbage Can/Leave Behind At Kroger:   Banana Cream Pie (that's always a toughie to replicate.  Actually it was a bit more edible than other brands.  It had a good texture.  I finished that one, along with the Vanilla Chai only because I was hungry.

Overall, if you are looking for a nice change of pace, change of flavor from the Greek yogurts, give these a try.  There are other flavors, too - but not reviewed because I'm allergic to strawberries and citrus gives me migraines.  Those just  may end up in your Favorite category.

No comments: