Thursday, February 02, 2012

Thursday Tea Time




This week - Allegro Pomegranate Green tea, with cranberry!Cost: $3.49 on sale at Whole Foods (regular price $3.99)


Number of teabags: 20


Caffeine: Yes


Type of tea: Green


Steeping time: 4 minutes


Add ins: I tried Stevia and fat free half and half, then just honey, then only Stevia.


Teabag fragrance: Fruity-cranberry!


Ingredients: Organic Chinese green tea, natural pomegranate and cranberry flavors, with other (?) natural flavors.


Opinion: Strong anticipation (green tea! pomegranate! cranberry!), only weakened in the end. A bit blah. I even let it steep longer, but without any bump-up in flavor. Its fragrance is stronger than the taste. As I was writing this post, I was at Starbucks and gave them two bags to try in a Grande tea latte for me. It was overpowered by the milk! Hmmf!


Rating: 0

No comments: