Monday, February 06, 2012

Galveston Gadabouts - Mosquito Cafe

The Mosquito Cafe - located in an 1870 building on the East End of Galveston (across from Patty Cakes Bakery) - 628 14th Street.


I ordered the Southwest Green Chile cheeseburger (the cheese covers, holds and protects green chile sauce - genius!), hubby got one of the Mardi Gras specials, a muffaletta. Both yummy, both inhaled, hence no photo.













































Apricot Peach iced tea! Oh. My. Goodness. No sweetener necessary. I could save the carbs for the desserts! I drank two of these huge glasses. They also had Papaya Mint, along with regular iced tea.





































And the desserts! How to choose?! They had THREE different triple-layered cakes. Cookies, brownies... And this peach cobbler -- didn't even need ice cream. They warmed it up. So good, I nearly slid under the table. Hubby got the gingersnap cookie - large, sugared, crispy.

No comments: