Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday Tea Time





This week - Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Limited Edition Taiwan Green Tea


Cost: $8.20


Number of teabags: 20


Caffeine: Probably a little


Type of tea: Green


Steeping time: 3 minutes


Mix ins: CBTL's Fat Free Vanilla Powder, also tried a little fat-free condensed milk. Both good!


Teabag fragrance: Fruity


Ingredients: Taiwan green tea


Opinion: I had this as an iced tea latte and then just plain iced tea in the store. Not that I was a two-fisted drinker, but the barrista gave me a free iced one after I bought the latte and went back to grab the tin. At home I had it warm, and all three versions were just terrific. It has a fruity-sweet taste, so you don't need to add that much sweetener, if at all. Since it is a Limited Edition, I'm going to get another cannister next time I'm in the store. It is similar to a Jasmine Green Tea, but where that one is more floral, this is more indeterminate "fruit." I had to laugh after I brewed it at home - it looks like a teabag full of spinach! I was also able to reuse the teabag again, brewing it for about 4 1/2 minutes. Not quite as strong as the first run, but still enjoyable a second time.


Rating: 4.25

No comments: