Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday Tea Time



This week - Tazo Thrive
Cost: $3.49 at Super Target
Number of teabags: 16
Caffeine: A little
Type of tea: Green Herbal
Steeping time: 3 minutes
Mix ins: Just a little fat-free condensed milk
Teabag fragrance: Spearmint
Ingredients: Green tea, green yerba mate, spearmint leaves, green rooibos, rose hips, black pepper, natural flavors, chicory and licorice root
Opinion: Part of Tazo's "Well-Being" tea line. Combining the words "Thrive" and "A formidable blend of green teas and botanicals" made me grab the box. All the ingredients blended together nicely, formidably. You could detect a little of the spearmint at first but then it retreated into the background. I was surprised when I typed the ingredients to see it had black pepper. I like the green tea bonus in the antioxidant department, along with "Balance, a sense of renewed purpose and a dose of optimism" have also been hidden in there. It says so right on the box. This tastes wonderful warm, but I was surprised when I tried it iced, it was so-so. Maybe the heat brings out the other flavors. And that balance thing again.

Rating: 4.0

No comments: