Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday Tea Time



This week - Stash Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea



Cost: $2.19 at Super Target
Number of teabags: 18
Caffeine: ? Probably just a little
Type of tea: Green
Steeping time: 3-5 minutes
Mix ins: Fat-free condensed milk
Teabag fragrance: Fruity
Ingredients: Green tea, chamomile, hibiscus, orange peel*, citric acid, pomegranate flavor, raspberry flavor and Japanese Matcha
*Oops, didn't expect the orange peel. Took the chance and I paid for that with a headache the next day.
Opinion: I thought a tea with pomegranate and raspberry would be higher up in the ingredients list and perhaps have bits of dried fruit instead of just "flavor." I was disappointed. I couldn't really detect a strong "flavor" from either fruit,which I was hoping I would. Just an odd fruit blend fragrance and taste.
Rating: 1, only because it is an interesting variation of a green tea -- A point for trying. It just didn't appeal to me.

No comments: