Thursday, February 03, 2011

Thursday Tea Time

This week - Zhena's Gypsy Rose tea

Cost: $5.29 at H.E.B.
Number of teabags: 22
Caffeine: Yes
Type of tea: Black
Steeping time: 3-5 minutes
Mix ins: Fat-free condensed milk
Teabag fragrance: Rose scented hand lotion!
Ingredients: Sri Lankan and Indian Black tea, red and pink rose petals, all natural flavor (?)
Opinion: My husband was in the kitchen with me when I took the first sip and he saw my expression and said, "You don't like it!" "It's fine," I gamely replied. "No, it's not. I can see it in your face."
I loved Numi's White Rose Velvet Garden tea, and thought for sure I'd like this one, too. Maybe because Gypsy Rose has red and pink rose petals? I dunno. It tasted like soap and smelled like that Rose Milk hand lotion from the 70's.
Rating: 0

1 comment:

Trudy said...

I love tea, but it doesn't sound like a flavor that I would like much either.