Friday, November 19, 2010

Personalized Baby Diapers


This is my favorite baby gift to make! You can still find cloth diapers at Target in either the 6-pack or 12-pack.

When my daughter was a baby, I would make several of these to coordinate with her outfit and mine! I'd have seasonal ones, too.

For baby shower gifts or if they hadn't decided upon the baby's name, I would sew neutral colors of turquoise and yellow, and sayings with "Baby Dear," "Cutie Pie," "Sugar and Spice," "Sweetheart" etc., pinning them together with a diaper pin.
I enjoyed making these with Sulky's varigated thread 40 weight (the multicolored one, second from the bottom) and Mettler's 30 weight. I couldn't tell the difference in the final result. Both threads were easy to use (no breakage) and gave good stitching results.
The Viking Husqvarna 1100 stitches used were D14 (flower/4-leaf clover), D24 (hearts) and F17 (snowflake/flower) and the C Script lettering card with two spaces between the letters.

No comments: