Sunday, September 12, 2010

From Scratch Oven Fries - Southern Living


We tried the From-Scratch Oven Fries - September 2010 issue of Southern Living magazine, page 138. And again, and again! No frying, no mess. It's a keeper! Each time, I changed it a little bit more. I found just one good-sized baking potato gave us plenty. In fact, I'm even leaning towards a smaller one, especially when I cut them a little bit thinner than 1/2". Our current version uses olive oil--just enough to lightly drizzle the sliced potatoes and sprinkling a little of Kroger's California Seasoning Blend Garlic Salt. I also use the "rapid/speed bake" setting to get the fries crispier. Check out your grocery store's spice aisle and try other seasoning variations. Check the Southern Living recipe link for other variations and dipping sauces.
The basic directions are - peeled potato, cut into 1/2" strips (or thinner). Place in a bowl and drizzle some olive oil, toss with your choice of seasoning. Place on rack on a cookie sheet and bake at 450 (with speed/convection fan setting if you have one) for 30 to 45 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy! (You can be making these while you are making hamburgers using your Cuisinart Griddler)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice to see you! my name is aya.
I live in Japan.I searched''stila costco'',and I found your blog!!!
what a beautiful and fantastic blooog!I like stilla and costco!I've been to seattle^^I'll come to see your blog again!