Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday Tea Time


Cost: $8.20
Number of teabags: 20
Caffeine: Yes
Type of tea: Black
Steeping time: 5 minutes
Mix ins: No sugar needed! Just a tablespoonful of CBTL's French Deluxe Vanilla Powder to duplicate the store's tea latte
Teabag fragrance: Mango-peachy passionfruit
Ingredients: Black tea, malva flower, marigold flower, natural and artificial flavorings.
Taste: Fruity, a nice alternative to the ubiquitous pina colada
Opinion: I've tried this iced and hot at the store -- The barrista misheard my order and I thought she was joking when she said, "careful, it's hot!" (It was close to 100 degrees in Austin that day.) She then made me the iced latte version gratis. Funny though, since I've brought it home, I've been drinking it hot. Too lazy to pour over ice? Perhaps, but I think it's because I want it now and don't want to wait to let it cool. Definitely fruity, but not overpoweringly. It also tastes sweet enough without adding any sweetener, another bonus. It's popular, too - I bought the last canister that day. I'm sure they will be restocked, it's a perfect summertime flavor. And another pretty container to display. I'll be grabbing another next time - summer in Texas goes through the fall!
Rating: 4.75 teabags

No comments: