Thursday, June 05, 2014

Thursday Tea Time - Communi-tea

This week - Community Tea


Cost:   $2.99 in grocery stores.  I found this at an Albertson's in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  We used to have Albertsons in Houston, but they left.  I loved their store brand veggie and fruit can labels, so pretty! As all those who know me, I love grocery stores and will grab any chance to wander around the aisles in different places I visit.  I once spent over 3 hours in my hometown grocery store, Wegmans, in Rochester, New York.  They had wine by the glass in their food court, enough said.
Number of teabags:  100, individually wrapped
Caffeine:   Yes
Type of tea:   Black pekoe
Ingredients:   Orange pekoe and black pekoe cut black tea
Steeping time:   3 - 5 minutes
Add ins:   Just a little bit of sugar…and ice!
Fragrance:  Nostalgic.  Brings you back to the first time you had a tea party with your best friend and her grandmother when you were seven years old.
Opinion:   For starters, you can't beat the price!  But for back-to-basics Tea 101, this can't be beat.  Summer is already kicking in, and that means iced tea!  This is a perfect iced tea - crisp, clear, pretty color.  Serve with mint, lemon, sugar, honey agave…or just iced cubes in a glass.
Rating:  5


No comments: