Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday Tea Time

This week - Republic of Tea Raspberry Rose Hibiscus

Cost: $9.99 -- Found at Whole Foods in Bellaire, I did not see this at the Sugar Land location.

Number of teabags: 36

Caffeine: No

Type of tea: Herbal

Steeping time: Per label 5-7 minutes

Add ins: 1 Splenda packet

Teabag fragrance: Deeply raspberry with a hint of rose

Ingredients: Hibiscus, rosehip peels, apples, stevia, raspberry flavoring, rose flavoring, vanilla flavoring, rose petals

Opinion: A Limited Edition tea, it must have been for Valentine's Day perhaps. Be a sweetheart to yourself and grab it while you can. This is delicious! I used two teabags in a large 20 ounce mug, with just a couple taps of a Splenda packet. I guessed correctly the stevia already starts it sweet. It brews to a pretty deep pink color and is very raspberry. I can't wait to try it iced. The hibiscus makes a great background, I honestly don't detect the rose flavor. There is a slight rose scent when you open the container. Sometimes I think rose teas can taste a bit soapy. Perhaps imprinted from my younger days mistakenly thinking Nana had rose candy in the bathroom soap dish.

Rating: 4.75

No comments: