Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thursday Tea Time - Beautiful Leaf



Cost:   $16.00 at Central Market-Houston.  They were doing a sample-tasting
Number of teabags:  N/A, it's four ounces of loose tea.  But using 1 teaspoonful per serving, I'd say there are at least 40+ mugs awaiting your drinking pleasure.
Caffeine:   Yes
Type of tea:    Green and white and rooibos
Ingredients:  White tea*, green tea*, green rooibos*, pieces of mango*, pineapple* and apricot*, natural peach flavour, natural flavors.  (*Organically-grown ingredients)

Steeping time:   In tiny print underneath it said 3-4, but I only found and noticed that after my first cuppa.   So I did 5 minutes.   That extra minute just made the tea more flavorful, not bitter.
Add ins:   Tasted great without anything added
Fragrance:  Pineapple-mango-apricot
Opinion:   Oh, this is good…and oh, this is a little pricey!  But they were doing a demo at Central Market and it tasted great.  Plus I'm a sucker for a neat container, and a good theme/design (Lov-e the bird).  How much to use per serving was also not noted on the container, so I did 1 teaspoonful - and it really expanded. Go small and go big.  P.S. Lov is Scandinavian for leaf.
Rating:  4  It would have been higher if more readily available and a little bit cheaper.  $10-$12 usually tops what I am willing to pay.  But this had pineapple and three kinds of teas that I like.  So, it was worth the price gamble.

nice color!
Update:  Here is the watercolor I did for Every Day In May of the tin --

No comments: