Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thursday Tea Time

This week - The Art of Tea Coconut Cacao Pu-erh

Cost:   $11 at the Oasis Juice Bar in Galveston, Texas
Number of teabags:  N/A it's loose tea. Probably enough for 30 cups
Caffeine:  Yes
Type of tea:  Pu-erh
Ingredients:  Organic Pu-erh Tea, Organic Cocoa Nibs, Organic Coconut Pieces, Natural Flavors
Steeping time:  3 minutes
Add ins:   Nothing!  It tastes great on its own.
Fragrance:  Chocolate with a hint of coconut
Opinion:  The Oasis Juice Bar carries an extensive selection of Art of Tea teas.  I especially like that I can take one for a test drive.  Though I must say, each one I have tried, I've bought.  I love coconut and I love chocolate and this tea combines both.  It is not overly sweet, but bonus you do not have to add any sweetener.  The coconut is more of an afternote and the chocolatey-ness doesn't overwhelm.   Just a nice energizing boost to the day.  I used a heaping teaspoonful in my Rishi tea filter bag, which expanded and gave plenty of flavor.  Not a tablespoonful as the website suggested.  Good grief!  That has to be a typo.  Pu-erh tea is post-fermented tea, it is aged longer.  However, all the more reason to find and use a newer "Best by" date.  Some studies are showing that pu-erh tea can help lower cholesterol and triglycerides.
Rating: 5
I really do need to get a more Spring-like glass mug to showcase the teas


No comments: