Saturday, September 28, 2013

Blurred Lines




The colors remaining in my palette after my first class were so pretty, I didn't want to waste them.   So I painted them onto a sheet of watercolor paper.   Then I thought I would try different embellishing techniques.   


Green #2

I used a stencil and the contrast and triad colors. (with the exception of the blue, those are the colors on each one)  I thought it looked a little like a mandala.  I've been fascinated and drawn to circles lately.   I also find green and purple very healing and calming to look at.  Love the background shades.
"Dahlia"
Red #2 
I sprinkled salt on this while it was still wet.  I liked how a star formed in the center!
Red Orange #4
I thought the looked very autumnal.  I used watercolor pencils and then a wet paint brush to bring them to life.  I love how vibrant the colors became, and the way the middle center blue outline blended with the orange underneath creating an almost opalescent hue.  This was probably the prettiest detailed one.

Blue #5
I got the inspiration for this from last week's storm on the beach in Galveston.  I used a water-soluble Faber-Castell graphite pencil #6B and blurred the lines.  I love the resulting shading.

Storm on the beach - Galveston
I like this picture so much, it's my iPhone wallpaper
I tore apart each square and used them as postcards/greetings to give to friends.
Sometimes the project leftovers go on to have a more interesting life than the original work! 

2 comments:

Monica said...

WAY TO GO PEGGY.

Peggy said...

You inspire me, Monica!