Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Fred Finished!


Now to get him framed and figure out how to make prints!

Click for the adventure and story of Fred
October 22
November 10

This was my color break-down and practice sheet.  You can tell towards the end I was getting impatient to start and decided to figure it out as I went along.

I also kept my dabbing/blending scrap pieces, they are pretty onto themselves!

Like doodling in watercolor paint!
I was trying to finish the rocks 

And I snapped a pic of my paints and last palette used.  I learned even though the dabs of paints have dried, if you achieved just the right shade, you can bring it back!

When I visited a local artist's studio, I took pictures of the workspace.
I'm addicted to the "Studios" and "Where Women Create" magazines.  You can tell and learn a lot about a person, an artist, their creativity from how and where they work.

Me?  Sigh.  I also learned if you stir things up enough you can get what you want.  Hmm, kind of a watercolor metaphor for life, yes?
I bought another watercolor paint set as a back up and
for when I need the purer, clean colors.
In the meantime, my used one pretty well defines me, too.  A little bit of this and that!

1 comment:

Monica said...

great. The more you do the more you understand the medium!