Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thursday Tea Time - Drinking 'O the Green (cup)!

This week, Twinings Green Tea - K-Cup


Cost:  $6.99 at Kroger
Number of teabags:  Cups:  12
Caffeine:  No
Type of tea:   Green
Steeping time:  20 seconds
Add ins:  CBTL Fat-Free Vanilla Powder, honey, Natural Bliss Sweet Cream
Tea fragrance:   Floral, green
Ingredients:  Green tea
Opinion:   With all the green teas I have, why would I buy a K-cup version?  Because I have a Keurig, too!  I love to put that machine through its paces, and I also wanted to do a comparison.  Actually, I wanted to make a green tea latte which didn't cool off too much before I had the chance to drink it..  This little cuppa did the trick and saved a little time, minutes actually, but my latte was actually at a good, hot drinking temperature.  And the right mixing temperature to easily dissolve the vanilla powder.  Soon enough I will look forward to making it iced, also.   I now stash a few of these cups in my Keurig drawer to save even more time looking for the box.  I only dinged my rating by a bit because it is a little pricier than the teabag, but I like the convenience and time saved and a chance to play with my kitchen appliances.   Celestial Seasonings has a Green Tea K-cup, too,  but it costs $1 more and is green tea and white tea.  Not straight green tea like Twinings.  I should also check Bed, Bath and Beyond to see if they also carry it...With their coupons, you might be able to save a little more money.
Rating:  4.5

No comments: