Thursday, December 09, 2010

Thursday Tea Time

Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Holiday Tea Trio - three tins of five tea bags each. $11.95

I'm not going to do my usual post for these teas, as I was not able to try all of them. They were packaged as a trio, which also included their featured Winter Dream Tea. Winter Dream had orange and lemon bits - and citrus gives me migraines. I gave that tin away as part of a holiday present exchange. But I thought I would at least be able to enjoy the other two. Nope!

Sugar Plum has Ceylon black tea, orange peel, whole cloves, ginger root, cinnamon, anise seed, mulling spices, nutmeg and lemon peel. It is very fragrant and smells interesting. I want to say I detect a faint Robitussin waft? I can't quite place it.


Candy Cane - Surely I'd be able to drink this one. Nope. I'm allergic to strawberries - they give me hives. What are the odds this tea would have Ceylon black tea and -- FREEZE DRIED STRAWBERRIES? I do give kudos to CBTL for an interesting combination - I bet it looks pretty and tastes great.

1, 2, 3 strikes - This week, I'm out!

No comments: