Saturday, September 21, 2013

Wednesday* Work In Progress - Paper Pumpkin

I even stamped the back of the envelope

Paper Pumpkin from Stampin' Up is a monthly kit, which has (almost) everything you need to complete a project.  Easy-peasy.    They had a special promotion of two kits for $20.  It reminded me of the 1970's Craft of the Month kits my mother used to get -- and I would put together!  Now there is even an Pinterest-inspired one from Darby Smart

The first kit gives you a clear stamping block to use with the stamps.  Therein the instructions were lacking a little, but I figured it out.  Then I found a good link.

I liked the presentation, the cute emails you get  letting you  know your Pumpkin is on its way, the fact you can accomplish and get something done then and there in an hour or less and have something to show for it.  All win-win for me.

However, coming from a total newbie at this, there were a few things that could have made it easier.  For instance, including glue dots for the paper and the button.  Fortunately, I have clear glue.
Better instructions for getting the stamps on the block and even getting the ink on the stamp.  One dab? Smush? Stamp on the ink pad, ink pad the stamp.  That would have been helpful, but easily figureable out by trial and error and practice.

This will make a cool print
on something!
I was also happy to see the kit and supplies made four cards.   And I will definitely reuse the stamps.  I even saved the rubber part left after pushing out the stamps.



It also included the turquoise button

oops!
easily fixable!




I loved the combination of colors and the names of the colors -- Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight

*I know, it's Saturday.  I'm trying to get caught up back with my life and my postings.  I didn't want to wait until next Wednesday.  And I may have another Paper Pumpkin by then!



No comments: