Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday Work in Progress - Oh! My Stars!



I got this far in class this week.  We were working on using light, dark and mid-tones.  This is the star I bought at Paper Bear in San Marcos, which I used for my front door wreath.  
(Somewhere that blog post is in draft form.  I will find, post and link it here.)  
I liked tilting the picture to get the interesting light play and interesting effect.

Anyways, good thing stars (and starts - love auto correct!) have five points (and chances).  It is a learning process and not done yet.  I will add the finished picture this weekend.  My moment of "Cool!" was discovering I needed to add Cobalt Blue to get that darker rust shade and shadow. 

1 comment:

Monica said...

Yes that is definitely a special moment. I excel at getting brown!