Thursday, May 12, 2016

Any Day is Tea Time - Good Night

With all my traveling, my tea pots and posts have gotten behind.  So set the kettle on, drink up and read my latest finds!


Surprise inside the Dilmah tea packet!

Higher Living - Evening

Again, imported from San Antonio - however I cannot find a US version or name repackaging of this Evening Tea flavor.  Bonus points it is an herbal, non-caffeinated infusion of Lemon Balm (35%), Fennel, Chamomile (10%), Lime tree, Peppermint and Lavender (10%) - Making an unusual blend and flavor.  I neither love nor dislike it.  Yet it was not the one I brought back to the couch as I type this review.  I will send it to a friend who needs a nighttime tea to calm and relax.  I think the lavender and chamomile will help do just that.

Dilmah Evening Tea


Another one I could not find on any websites.  The surprise was the tea was loose inside the packet!  Very large tea leaves more than doubled in size in my paper tea bag.  This tasted OK plain, but much better with a little Italian Cream Sugar Free Coffee Mate.  It has a delicate tea flavor but doesn't taste understeeped.   Not caffeine free - it is Ceylon FBOP (Flowery Broken Orange Pekoe grade Tea) from the Nuwara Ellya region grown around 1.750m.  The label says it has notes of eucalyptus, mint and citrus in a beautiful bouquet of flavor.  Hmmm.  It does!  It's definitely growing on me, I think I will look for this one again.  I'm adding it to my Notes list right now.

No comments: