Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Inking


I love shopping the clearance and red tag sections of art supply stores.  I find things I never knew I needed!

Like Talens Drawing Ink. . .

As I'm checking out, the clerk said he knew not to warn me not to use this for tattoos.
Huh?  Haha!  Nice kid.

But that probably explained why the Black and Indian Ink Black colors were already gone. . .

I grabbed six 11 ml bottles (Neutral, Sepia, Cobalt Blue, Yellow, Scarlet, and White-which was opaque) marked down to $2.25 - and apparently got quite the deal as when looking online, they are priced around $15 each.

The colors are very vibrant and pretty.
I just thought they would be cool to play with for watercolor fun.
On paper, not skin.

2 comments:

Vicky L. Williamson said...

Fabulous find! Which art store did you find these at? I neex to visit one in the near future so I can bind more sketchbooks.

BTW, I enjoyed reading your blogger profile --- delightful!

Peggy said...

Thanks, Vicky! I found them in the red tag (take an additional 50% off!) clearance section at Texas Art Supply in Houston. They had lots of pretty colors, but I stuck with the basics, figuring I can mix and create new colors. Though that violet purple was gorgeous... ; )