Sunday, May 03, 2015

Every Day In May 2015 - May 3 - Curtains

These are the curtains in my living room above the love seat.  I turned them into cafe' style by putting the spring rod under the first row of window panes.  They are three very sheer, bunched/scrunched together, curtain panels by Waverly, which I bought on clearance at Target when we painted the living room after Hurricane Ike.  At Christmas time, I hang green boughs with multi-colored Christmas lights along the top of the window, letting it hang down on either side. (Also bought at Target last Christmas)
(Don't even get me started on what I think about white Christmas lights...)

I love how I was able to make the windows look like glass!    There is something very freeing about doing this challenge.  It's just going into my sketchbook.  And just as in the A to Z Blogging Challenge 2014 wherein I did all watercolor flowers and herbs, I think it is great practice and an opportunity to improve my sketching and watercoloring skills.

I am also trying to work with a more limited palette - I'm using my three Qor watercolor palettes (Earth, High Chroma and the Introductory-6 sets), save for a few forays into my main Winsor & Newton palette for Sepia. (May 2)

No comments: