Thursday, September 25, 2014

This week - Guayaki Yerba Mate Pure Empower Mint


Cost:   $6.49 at Whole Foods
Number of teabags:  16,  individually-wrapped
Caffeine:   Yes, 20 mg/serving - 1/4 cup of coffee equivalent
Type of tea:   Herbal
Ingredients:   All organic - Yerba mate, peppermint leaf, spearmint leaf and stevia leaf.
Steeping time:  I need to check the water temperature of the Keurig, I noticed on the box it says not to drink mate over 150 F. I don't know if that means the water brewing temperature or letting it cool down to 150.  Which wouldn't really be a problem since I get to doing other things and get distracted from my tea on the counter.
Add ins:  Perfect without any.
Fragrance:  Like a peppermint version of Morning Thunder.  A little earthy.
Opinion:   I like Trader Joe's Yerba Mate.   But what this has going for it is the mint flavor, which has a pleasant warming effect.  You feel it in a few seconds after sipping right in your upper chest.  This might be nice to drink when you have a cold and need a little decongesting and to get your health back on track.   And it doesn't keep me up at night.  I place it safe, however and only drink it in the morning - or early afternoon if I need a boost and it's going to be a long day.
Rating:  3.75

No comments: