Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Thursday Tea Time - Yerba Mate, piled on

This week - Whole Foods 365 Every Day Value Organic Yerba Mate with Green Tea & Peppermint

Cost:   $4.99

Number of teabags:  40
Caffeine:   Yes
Type of tea:    Yerba mate and green
Ingredients:  Organic yerba mate, organic green tea, organic peppermint, organic spearmint, organic licorice.  And 35 mg of caffeine
Steeping time:   3 minutes
Add ins:   Nothing, and a splash of Pure Bliss Sweet Cream in desperation
Fragrance:   Grassy/minty
Opinion:   I was disappointed.  I was hoping the addition of two mints and green tea and licorice would make this great.  Nope.  Just odd.  I thought it would be mintier.  And it had a strange aftertaste.  Points were also deducted for teabag packing.  Four groups of ten in a cello, unsealable, bag.

Trader Joe's Yerba Mate is much, much better!
Rating:  .5   Only because I liked the description on the box, which suckered me into buying it.
(Can I say anything nice?  Sure.
Click here for Whole Food's tea tips.  There were some I didn't even know about.)
Pretty color!

2 comments:

Personare said...

I am from Chile. Here we drink real Yerba Mate. This product does not have real Yerba Mate in my opinion. The flavour is weak and odd. It may have more peppermint or green tea but Yerba Mate. Disappointed.

Peggy said...

As you can tell, I wasn't that thrilled with it either. Thanks for visiting! : )