Saturday, July 19, 2014

Sea Salt and Almonds Match Up

I love the Chocolove Almonds & Sea Salt in Dark Chocolate bars, the love poem inside the wrapper…but not the price.  Slowly the price has been increasing at Whole Foods.  I used to be able to get them on sale for $2.50 or for $2.99 regular price.  Last time I was there, it had increased to $3.49.  Ouch!  Now they have become more of an occasional treat, rather than getting a bar each time I shop.

As I was checking out, the clerk saw the bar and asked if I had tried the Salazon version.  I had not, but it was on sale, 2 for $5.  I was willing to save 99 cents, and put back the Chocolove.  I'm glad I did.  I like it even more!  And it is 72% dark chocolate versus 55%

The nutrition comparison facts are skewed, as the Salazon shows the count for half a 2.75 ounce bar, and Chocolove for a third of 3.2 ounces.  But all math aside,  I still love the Chocolove, but will wait for it to go on sale.

Chocolove


Salazon

No comments: