Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thursday Tea Time - Toast

This week - The Republic of Tea Hi Caf Teas - Toasted Coconut Black

Cost:   $12.99 at Whole Foods
Number of teabags:  50
Caffeine:  Yes
Type of tea:  Black
Ingredients:  Black tea, green tea extract, licorice and natural coconut flavor
Steeping time:  3-5 minutes
Add ins:  Nothing helped!  Plain, sugar, Natural Bliss Sweet Cream.  Yuck.
Fragrance:  Faint coconut
Opinion:  I loved all the other HiCaf teas, but not this one.  I couldn't even finish the cup as I kept adding anything and everything to it to make it taste better.  I didn't even taste that coconut-y, which really bummed me out.  I love coconut and licorice, and was expecting a stronger flavor of both, especially being from the Republic of Tea.  Despite it having 140 mg of caffeine, if it gave me a boost, I couldn't tell - I don't think I drank enough.  : P
Rating: 0

No comments: