Thursday, April 24, 2014

Galveston Gadabouting - Get back to painting, girl! (I will!)

G for Galveston, R for Rose, S for lunch at ShyKatz, Y for Yellow…

Found this pretty yellow flower along the sand dunes of Stewart Beach in Galveston, Texas today.
After Googling, I learned this is a Yellow Evening Primrose or Ozark Sundrop.  Which is strange because this was taken around Noon.  (special shout out to my iPhone 5 which captured this shot in sustained 20 mile per hour winds with gusts over 30.)

Then I snapped this riot of roses along the white picket fence of the John Hanna House on Market Street.


Source:  The East End Historical District --
1417 Market, John Hanna Home, c. 1893. Hanna, owner of the city’s second oldest real estate firm, built this asymmetrical Queen Anne style home.

Actually both of these photographs will be inspiration for future watercolors. . .One must feed the soul with beauty and nourish the body with Peach Bread Pudding at ShyKatz!
(notice there is not a photo of that, ahem!)




1 comment:

texasislander said...

I am so happy to see my roses on your blog and would love to see the painting someday. My husband and daughter gave them to me for Mother's Daytime years ago. Would you like a start from them next spring?

Terri