Monday, April 07, 2014

A to Z Blogging Challenge - F is for Fennel

F is for Fennel
Foeniculum vulgare

Fun with Fennel!

Fennel helps relieve indigestion and has expectorant and antiseptic properties. 

It's a very aromatic herb which can be used internally and externally. . . 

and also for aromatherapy!  
It has been said a whiff of sweet fennel essential oil can help strengthen your psyche and dispel nervousness when you are feeling anxious or scared.

. . .of course for cooking and baking, too.   
(Here's a link for my Split Pea Soup)






2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'd never tried fennel for years because so many people told me they had it then we got some because our local market sells out random boxes of vegies for $1 or $2 at the end of the day and I loved it. That's a lesson in always trying things for yourself :)

Peggy said...

Good for you! I'm always game to try new things, and there is a terrific Farmer's Market in Galveston, Texas on Sunday mornings. I love trying to eat healthy and supporting the local people!