Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wednesday Work In Progress

Morning Reflection - at The Tremont House

"Morning Reflection"

This was the view from the fourth floor of The Tremont House in Galveston, October 11, 2013



Our watercolor class project was to learn to paint reflection and water.  Some painted flowers in a vase. I thought this would be a good learning opportunity
One classmate said, "You always choose challenging pictures" - My motto has always been jump in and figure it out as I go along.

Which I did.

First you tape off to make an interesting point of view.
This is actually a picture of the picture from the worktable
You see almost a different color palette
I might just use that for the next painting

"Paint the pretty colors first!"

Then the dark colors. . .


Oops!  

Insert hissy fit and a break for a salted caramel latte.  (Fortunately there is a coffeehouse in the same building.)
But an easy fix - and good life advice.  
In order to get more light, you need more dark.  
Add more color. 
Not take things and details so literally.
And don't give up.  

I was even able to "turn on" that last light on the right.

Not too bad!  The more I look at it, the more I think "hmmm" and start to smile.
I will save a vase of flowers for another time.




No comments: