Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thursday Tea Time

This week - Celestial Seasonings Sweet Harvest Pumpkin Holiday Tea

Cost:   $2.19 at Super Target
Number of teabags:   20
Caffeine:   Yes
Type of tea:   Black
Steeping time:  Five minutes
Add ins:   I tried everything - plain, Half & Half, a little sugar, even the Cinnamon Natural Bliss Half & Half.
Ingredients:   Black Tea, Cinnamon, Ginger, Roasted Chicory, Natural Pumpkin Flavor With Other Natural Flavors (Soy Lecithin), Luo Han Guo, Cloves, Nutmeg, Natural Sweetener (Stevia Extract) and Pumpkin.
Fragrance:  It did smell like pumpkin pie!
Opinion:  I so wanted to like this.  Alas, no. I thought it tasted odd.  You could taste the cloves and nutmeg with a nice bite of ginger - nice.  But then there was an aftertaste.  Three times I tried this, three times I dumped it into the sink.  I don't know if it was from the Luo Han Guo or the stevia.  My bet is on the stevia.  I don't like to use it because it does have a "different" sweetness, which can vary from product to label.  
Rating:   0.5 (Useful as a potential potpourri?)


No comments: