Thursday, October 03, 2013

Thursday Tea Time - Go Green

This week - Republic of Tea Green Chai
Cost:   $1.48 at Whole Foods
Number of teabags:   .04 ounces - I was able to get three mugsfull.  However, it is also available in the canister as tea bags
Caffeine:   Yes, a little
Type of tea:   Green
Steeping time:  Five minutes
Add ins:   A little bit of sugar, fat-free Half&Half with a little sugar.  Next time I will try honey.  Maybe even almond milk to kick up the "almondness"
Ingredients:   Green tea, ginger root, cinnamon, cardamon seeds, almond pieces, natural almond flavor
Fragrance:  Spicy almond
Opinion:  Well, y'all  know I love chai, and when I found this version with green tea and almonds, I knew I had to try it.   The Whole Foods mothership in Austin, Texas has a loose-leaf tea section, and when my daughter and I found these packets and the prices, it was a great way to try some new flavors.  And I was happy to see this is available as tea bags, too - as I shake out the last remaining bits.  The almond was a nice touch.  It was not that overly spicy/peppery.  I like the fact it is a green tea, I'm trying to drink more green tea, and this has a fun combination of flavors.  I will definitely look for the teabags.
Rating:   3.75

No comments: