Saturday, October 05, 2013

Oh! My Star!

Lone Star

I finished my star!!

I forgot to note earlier that we were supposed to have a contrast of cool and warm colors.  Hence the green background.  Which through the magic of the Internet looks more turquoise than the mint green in real life.  Still a pretty shade either way, I think!

An experienced classmate (Yes, the class is all levels.  Which is good, I feel you can learn more by seeing more…and talking more.) told me that Viridian Green is a fun color to use for texture, as the pigments don't always dissolve completely through no fault of your own.  I also like the shading it created as I experimented with the Wet-on-Wet technique.

(Here's the work in progress post)

I just had to tell myself, "Just Do It!" and finish this

2 comments:

Monica said...

Did you paint the background last? Are they acrylics or watercolors.

Peggy said...

Watercolors, and I painted the background last. It was fun working with the water; the color would only go where I had wet the paper. Kinda fun to play with!