Thursday, September 05, 2013

Thursday Tea Time - Kermit in a Kup

This week, Trader Joe's Tropical Sweetened Match Green Tea Mix


Cost:  $3.49
Number of teabags:  N/A, powder form - 10 ounces
Caffeine:   A little
Type of tea:   Green
Steeping time:  Mixing time, less than one minute
Add ins:  Ice
Fragrance:   Oddly questioning, "What is that fruity scent?"  (My query, this tea does not talk.   For if it did, it would say, "Haha! You fell for this!")
Ingredients:   Green tea, matcha, sugar and maple (!) sugar, "natural flavors" - aka assorted chemicals.
Opinion:   Aha!  You don't discover it's the added flavors of mango and passionfruit until you rotate the container.  This is one sneaky (and snarky) tea.  Hence the "tropical" orange and purple fruits on the front label.  Instead I got all excited when I saw Matcha in big letters.  Matcha powder can be a little pricey, so when I saw this and the price, I thought I would give it a chance and got it.  It was way too sweet and chemical-y and just odd.  Who thought this would be a good combination and a good result?  My apologies in advance to my husband's workplace.  Actually though not, I decided to return it for a refund.  Yeah, that bad.

Rating:  0  When will I learn to stop buying Trader Joe's tea mixes?

No comments: