Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thursday Tea Time - Cinna-max

This week:   Red Rose Tea Simply Indulgent Cinnamon Bun
Cost:  $6.97 at HEB
Number of teabags:  12 Keurig K-Cups
Caffeine:   Yes
Type of tea:   Black
Steeping time:  However long it takes to heat up the Keurig and press start
Add ins:  Natural Bliss Cinnamon Cream
Fragrance:   It really does smell just like a cinnamon roll
Ingredients:    Sugar, Instant Black Tea, Natural Flavor, Tricalcium Phosphate, Reb A (Stevia Leaf Extract).
Opinion:  Very, very, very cinnamon-y with the Cinnamon Cream Natural Bliss.  And very, very cinnamon-y by itself.  And super sweet.  It must be the stevia.  And the sugar, too.  You won't need to add any sweetener.  But it still came in at only 15 calories, 4g total carbohydrate, 3g sugar.   It was nice to see the Red Rose label, I remember my grandmother drinking Red Rose tea.  While it is nice to have a cinnamon tea in a K-cup, I don't think I will buy another box.  It is just way too sweet tasting for me.  I prefer the Bigelow Cinnamon Stick or Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice.  If you've ever wished you could shove cinnamon roll into a cup and drink it, then this is a definite try for you.   But I will definitely have fun trying the Cinnamon Natural Bliss in other teas.
Rating:   2.5

No comments: