Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wednesday Work In Progress was - ME!

Shingles!
Yeah, WTH?!
I do not fit the typical shingles patient profile.  But in hindsight, what I just shrugged off were actually the symptoms.
Tingly arm? Slept funny
Dizzy? Flipping over in bed too quickly.
Swollen glands? Probably just fighting something off.  Yay immune system! (Not)
Sore muscles?  Attempting once more that yoga crow pose
First few spots appearing?  Spider/bug bites, albeit on one arm
Fatigue? Trying to do too much in a day

Fortunately after this photo was taken I was able to get in and see my doctor and get a prescription for Valtrex.  If you can start this within 72 hours of the rash onset, the better.   A few more blisters appeared, but they weren't as severe.  And I was lucky it was just my right arm.  
They are healing now, as am I.  




4 comments:

becki-c said...

Thank goodness you are doing better, I hear that its intensely painful! I'm also glad to hear that the medicine helps.
My dh thinks that some bad sores that he had on one arm were shingles, I wish he had gone to the doctor for them. He doesn't like going to the doctor, what can you do...
Glad you are smart.

Peggy said...

Thanks, Becki! Guys don't like going to the doctor, do they? Mine re-upped me for another week the anti-viral to make sure no more spots appear. The medication really helped heal them quickly, as did good old calamine lotion. Rock the Pink! LOL I just have the occasional twinges/tingles/zaps and residual fatigue, which comes out of nowhere. I went to the new Sprouts on Westheimer on Monday and didn't even want to stop and check out Half Price Books next door afterwards - Yeah, yikes!

Lala said...

Hi Peggy!!! Hope you are feeling back to normal real soon!!! :o)

Lala

Peggy said...

Thanks, Lala! Each day I'm feeling better-er!
: )