Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday Tea Time


This week - Rishi Organic Vanilla Mint Chai


Cost:  $9.99 - Whole Foods/Central Market
Number of teabags:   Loose tea - 2.4 ounces.  Enough to brew 10 cups
Caffeine:  Yes
Type of tea:   Pu-erh
Steeping time:   Should really call it Preparation time, however long it takes to boil water and then simmer for 5 minutes
Add ins:  Skim milk and sugar (!*)
Fragrance:   Peppermint vanilla
Ingredients:   All organic -- Pu-erh tea, vanilla, peppermint, cinnamon and licorice root
Opinion:   Oh boy, this is good!   I mean, really, really, really GOOD!  I drank all but 1/2 cup when I realized I also just downed almost 3 tablespoons of sugar!  Oops!  Yeah, if you follow the directions as I did.  I think next time I will cut back on the sugar, at least by half (shhh!).  This is not a typical chai by reason it only has the chai-y ingredient of cinnamon.  But the combination is TERRIFIC!  It almost tastes and looks like cocoa, abeit with a kick and dash of vanilla and peppermint.  As I mentioned earlier, it goes down easy - hot or cold.  The remaining half cup (and with such willpower) I refrigerated and then poured over a glass of ice the next day. (Also helping to dilute the sugar).  But it is pretty to look at and yummy to drink.  Well worth the effort to make this, and try to locate it.  Or order online.  Definitely different, definitely good!
Rating:  4.5 - only because it is now hard to find (My Whole Foods doesn't have it anymore) and it only makes ten cups.


Pretty!
Yummy!

No comments: