Thursday, January 03, 2013

Thursday Tea Time at Marshalls

Santa who?!
This week - Tea of Life -A New Age Tea- Holiday Teas, found at all places, Marshall's!


Cost:  $4.99
Number of teabags:  50
Caffeine:  Peppermint Ginger - No
Irish Cream - Yes
Type of tea:   Peppermint Ginger - Green
Irish Cream - Black
Steeping time:  5 minutes
Add ins:  Coffee Mate's Natural Bliss Sweet Cream, Bailey's Irish Cream Fat Free
Tea fragrance:  Peppermint Ginger - hard to detect peppermint, Irish Cream - Oddly sweet
Ingredients:  Peppermint Ginger - Green tea, peppermint and ginger flavor
Irish Cream - Black tea, irish cream flavor
Opinion:  I found out about these from a friend.  I had no idea Marshall's had tea in the food gifts/home dec section in the back of the store.  I saw lots of other brand names (
Tazo, Stash, etc.) and still-fresh/unexpired teas.  There were two others in this series, but I did not get them because they had citrus.  (damn migraine trigger!)  You can't beat the price - $4.99 for 50. The tea bags are sealed in two foil pouches inside.  But the teabags are small.  I used two per mug.  The Peppermint Ginger was pretty good, albeit a bit wussy in the flavor strength department.  I almost think I would need to use even three teabags the next time.  It is easily over-powered by the Natural Bliss.  The Irish Cream, well, yuck!  It had a very artificially sweet flavor slightly favoring irish cream, but not really.  Especially if you are used to the real deal stuff (hic!)  But the containers are cute, and would make nice gift basket additions with a cute mug and spoon, etc., if not for the decorative value and if they like the tea, bonus.  For me, I'm dumping the Irish Cream and keeping the container, and will shove as many teabags as my Keurig MyCup will hold and use up the rest and also keep that container.  It has a really useful latch lid I can store stuff in.
Rating:  Peppermint Ginger - 2.5, Irish Cream - 1
Points were given for the containers.  Yeah.  The Santa looks eerily in a nice way like my father-in-law!

No comments: