Saturday, December 08, 2012

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Granola

I was surprised to see Trader Joe's Country Pumpkin Spice Granola Cereal still in the store as of last week.  This is pretty good sprinkled over a cup of Greek yogurt for breakfast in the morning and quite filling.  I also was able to use only 1/3 cupful instead of the 2/3 cup serving size -- Thereby also cutting in half  the calories (210), total fat (7g), saturated fat (2.5g),  sodium (15mg), total carbohydrate (34g), fiber (4g), sugar (13g) and protein (5g). And you can't beat the price - $2.49!    Only drawback I found with it, it was a little bit heavy on the nutmeg.  I'm not a huge fan of nutmeg*, but I liked all the other goodies it had, such as whole rolled oats, milled can sugar, whole rolled wheat, raisins, coconut, dried pumpkin, honey, puffed corn, cinnamon, nutmeg (!), ginger, allspice, cardamom, fenugreek and fennel.

*Maybe it was the fenugreek and fennel?!

No comments: