Thursday, September 06, 2012

Thursday Tea Time - Mango Tango

This week - Trader Joe's Specialty Teas - Mango Black Tea
Cost:  $1.99 at Trader Joe's in Tuscon, Arizona
I am eagerly awaiting the opening of Trader Joe's in the old Alabama Theater at Shepherd/W. Alabama.  Open, open, open!
Don't have a Trader Joe's or are impatient, too?  It is also available on Amazon.com
Number of teabags:  20
Caffeine:  Yes
Type of tea:   Black
Steeping time:  4-5 minutes
Add ins:  As is with honey - very good.  Add a teaspoonful of CBTL's Fat Free Vanilla Powder - Perfect!! (see picture below)
Teabag fragrance:  Mango
Ingredients:  Black tea, natural mango and other natural flavors, blackberry leaves, hibiscus and calendula petals.
Opinion:  Wow!!  This is good GREAT!  I haven't even tried it iced yet -- I've been drinking it hot and for a tropical-y fruit tea, that says much right there.  I also like the fact that it is a fruit and black tea combo.  I'm all for drinking green tea, but the black tea really tangoes with the mango.  And you can't beat the price!  I am hoping Trader Joe's opens soon before I run out, I've been drinking this almost every day!  I've also been using two teabags, for extra mango fruit punch.    I can't wait to check out their other teas, if this is indicative of their quality, flavor and cost!
Picture pretty and yummy!
Rating:  5+

No comments: