Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Baton Rouge Adventure Part 2 - Slow Cookin' in The Fast Lane



Baton Rouge had HUGE Barnes & Nobles - we went to two different ones. One to shop, the other a free wifi iPod Touch fix to get directions for our next stop. Not only do I heart BN, but I love to check out the regional section whenever I travel, especially the cookbooks. And I found this -- "Slow Cookin' in the Fast Lane" by Julie Kay. Double bonus, it is a slow cooker/crockpot book!

Julie Kay writes a weekly column, "What a Crock", in Baton Rouge's newspaper, The Advocate. You can also find and buy the book online. 126 pages, covered spiral bound hardback. Poultry...Beef...Pork...Soups & Stews...Louisiana Favorites...Lagniappe. Crocking with a Louisiana flavor. There are several unique ones I plan to try soon.

No comments: