Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Today's Costco Find


I knew when I saw the display at Barnes and Noble last weekend that Costco would get this book, too at a price of $21.99 versus $34.95 -- Cooking Light Complete Cookbook - A Fresh New Way to Cook. And you get a 17 month subscription for $9. 99 or 6 free issues, plus 11 more. And the interactive CD of Cooking Light's Dinner Tonight Cookbook.


Upon reading the "Welcome" letter from Mary Kay Culpepper, Editor in Chief, I discovered this is the same as the 2006 "All-New Complete Cooking Light Cookbook", with the following differences --the In Season section and the CD. Plus the subscription offer, which I want to find out if I can add on to my current one. (Hey, it worked with the Taste of Home Baking Book). The 35 "In Season" recipes are new -- Corn Bread Shortcake with Ham and Fresh Peach Salsa, and Cheesecake with Fresh Strawberry Sauce are two which popped to my attention.

So, a must buy? Your call: If you don't already have the 2006 cookbook - yes. If you like ring-bound cookbooks - yes. If you don't like Cooking Light's older cookbook's hard-to-use indices - yes. If you like the interactive CD of the Dinner Tonight Cookbook - yes. If you think you'll also be able to extend or start your Cooking Light magazine subscription for $9.99 - yes. If you are a sucker for all things Cooking Light - yes.

No comments: