Monday, June 04, 2007

Hershey's Chocolate Syrup Doesn't Freeze


These were fun to make and even better to eat, albeit a little messy and deformed. I don't think "The Scent of Water" blogger has any competition from me. I ended up making 14 instead of the intended 7 because I misread the directions. I thought each little "sandwich" took 2 tablespoons each of the yogurt and Cool Whip. Duh, not!
From Nilla Wafers -- Nilla Yogurt Freeze (their version - 70 calories, but with the extra Hershey Syrup, probably a little bit more)

Cover bottom of cupcake paper with one Reduced Fat Nilla Wafer. Top with combined 2 tablespoons each thawed Cool Whip Lite and fat-free strawberry yogurt. (see, I missed the word combined). Add 1 wafer to top. Freeze until firm.

My version -- After putting wafer on the bottom, drizzle a little Hershey's Chocolate Syrup on top of cookie, then mix fat free vanilla (I'm allergic to strawberries) yogurt and the Cool Whip together in a bowl, adding some more swirls of Hershey's Syrup to make it look pretty and incorporate chocolate. Make as many treats until you empty the bowl of the yogurt/Cool Whip/Hershey mixture, by either filling paper cupcake liners or polishing off the rest with a spoon. (And this was from "Cooking Smart" magazine?!) Top with another cookie. Their photo had it on its side, but I was squeezing them into my freezer as it was. Also in hindsight I suppose if you used a metal cupcake pan to hold and freeze them in, they would look a little better. Next time! Maybe.

No comments: